Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Sigh....

So, I experienced a brief derailment in the form of a huge handful of gummy princess shapes (I calculated them as gummy bears). Sugar just seemed like a really, really good idea all of a sudden. I think I started heading off the rails when I decided a snack of Crunchy Corn Bran was a good idea. I had already had some for breakfast this morning. I'll have to keep a wary eye on the Nectar of the Gods Cereal...it's back up on the cereal shelf, at least, and away from me for the rest of the day. I don't want it to be a trigger food for me. It's too yummy to have to avoid, and all that fiber. Such a good thing.

Carby snacks = not good strategy.

Bright points in the day: I am drinking lots of water, and I made a fabulous tuna melt lunch (tuna, 1 T mayo, 2 slices light cheese, 2 slices light toast).

1 comment:

Susie J. said...

I'm tellin' ya... tuna-ma-fishie goodness. :) I was sitting here feeling a bit snackish (my bowl of cereal had worn off) and read your post. I thought "ohhhhhh, that's what I need. Tuna." And in order to up my protein ratio I'm just eating it plain. I've got enough fat and carbs for now... they can wait.