Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Still Here; Not a Grand Week in Food

And how are YOU all doing? Sorry I fell off the face of the earth...DH had my laptop hostage this weekend studying for a promotion exam, and I was pretty much all kids, all the time.

Hmm, what part of this might link to the fact that I have been eating WAAAAY too many carbs? I love my kids, yes, I do. But I do not love being with them 24/7. We all need our space. Small David is showing some stress about school, life, bedtime, the universe, everything, too, so he needs even more than 24/7 from us. Trying to find a balance for him, trying to find a balance for me, trying to stay sane in the face of repeated demands to Play Cinderella and Play Take me to Ballet Class as well.

Actually, the kids' weeklong half-term break is coming up on Friday and I think we will actually be more relaxed, even though we'll be even more in one another's pockets than usual. I have field trips planned, you see. FIELD trips.

On the bright side, even with my carb overload of the last week (also coinciding with PMS; oh, there's a surprise), my calories this week averaged around 1600. I didn't competely dive over the side of the wagon. Not yet :)

No comments: