Thursday, January 10, 2008

Baby Stepping

I've been taking teeny steps this week, and it's working. Drinking at least a glass of water, often more; remembering to take vitamins; adding green things to my dinner choices. You know, all that stuff I was already reaaaally good at doing last year at this point.

Evening snacking was better last night - I had a couple of fruit bars, but not an extra meal or three.

Last night, I also took down my three exercise DVDs, all unused before now.

Today, I pulled out the yoga mat and did Simply Yoga, with Yolanda Pettinato. I think she's Australian. Lovely calm voice, and a simple 30 minute session with a few poses. Two minutes into the DVD, I could tell it was going to be tough for me, even though it wasn't supposed to be arduous. As soon as I lay down in Corpse Pose, I hurt. My back must be terribly misaligned. Every pose that required my back to be flat, or to curl down a bit at a time, was impossible to do correctly.

I think the DVD is aimed correctly at me, the beginner, but if I can't loosen up my back muscles, it will be a problem to do the poses right.

Almost 3 years ago, I spent a month or do doing some yoga DVDs (actually recorded from TV) where the instructor was Rodney Yee. Those were great, and I see he has one called Back Care Yoga. I may just have to order it.

First, however, I am going to check out and report on my other two unopened exercise DVDs. Stay tuned!

[Apologies if you read this when it posted earlier, with a link and no text.]



1 comment:

Susie J. said...

I'd been trying to take toddler steps, instead of baby steps... and failed spectacularly the last couple days. Now, I'm inching my way back, I think. Today I'm on track, and BARELY resisting temptation. I'm trying to fill up on water to see if that helps.
Interesting idea, on the yoga. Mebbe I'll have to look into that. My most common form of exercise at the moment is Walk Away The Pounds.