Friday, January 18, 2008

Interesting Connection

So.

I'm an emotional eater, you might say. I came down the stairs just now from putting the kids to bed, thinking to myself "What can I snack on? I want something sweet," and wondering where the heck that's coming from.

I've just eaten a lovely and filling dinner, and had 2 cups of water. What in heck? Then, it dawned on me. I don't feel like cleaning up the dinner dishes. I don't want to go back to sorting the Christmas stuff.

It's not that I want to eat something, it's that I want something to distract me from what I SHOULD be doing.

So.

I'm blogging this discovery. I'm logging off. And I'm headed to the kitchen to clear up after myself. I may or may not get to the Christmas stuff. However, I'm not going to dive into a snackfest as an excuse to escape cleaning the kitchen. How would it benefit me in the long run? Not at all.

No comments: