Sunday, January 20, 2008

Non-scale Victories: Today's Edition

Victory the First: Tossing out the remains of the macaroni and cheese we had for lunch. The kids ate theirs, and I ate three quarters of a cup, after telling myself I'd eat something else. And then I stopped. Didn't eat the rest, and tossed it.

It's Crap Food anyway, with a hugely high fat and salt content. My darling bean loves it so much, I bought some again. She turns her nose up at other types of "macaroni cheese" but I think we'll just have to suffer with that, because I don't want to harden HER arteries either, frankly. If I start making my own, or making a lower fat version, she'll come round in time.

1 comment:

Susie J. said...

I really need to go thru and do some tossing of my own. This week I tried really hard to include veggies and such in my cooking, to make our meals a tad healthier. Is it a coincidence that my children chose to only eat a couple bites of dinner ALL WEEK LONG??? I think not. And frankly, I do not need that many leftovers assigned to myself for finishing off. So I'm just gonna toss them.