Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Behold the Power of Spinach


This is what I ate for dinner tonight. Two bowls this size. Spinach made boring pasta incredible. I have gotten away from green in my meals, and I forgot that I love spinach in all its forms. For dinner tonight, I chopped 2 cups of fresh spinach and stirred it into 100 grams (precooking weight) of spinach and egg linguini. Three tablespoons of parmesan. No salt. No oils.

Two bowls' worth of this was 340 calories, with 7 grams of fat. I must confess, I was full after a bowl and a half, but I ate it all anyway. Probably not the greatest idea.
It does demonstrate how you can add a whole lot of volume (and good stuff) to a meal, though.

I impulse-bought a diet Coke today, and opened it this afternoon (haven't had soda in a couple of weeks). The funny thing? Three hours later, it's still half-full, because I have been carrying my water bottle around and keep drinking from that instead! Cool.

No comments: