Monday, January 8, 2007

Another Inspiring Blogger; Why Is It So Hard to Eat Enough Protein?

Check out PastaQueen's blog Half of Me. In particular, see her very cool, rotating progress comparison here. She's done, and is doing, amazing things. I am impressed.

Today's been good and bad here - I woke up to 198 on the scale, so I'm guessing salt was the culprit yesterday, or just scale mojo. That's the Good. I've been out all day today, so my protein/fat ratio is waaay out of balance again. That's the Bad.

No breakfast this morning - mistake number 1. I ran into town for some errands as soon as I dropped the kiddies off for school. In town, I had a skinny latte and a small granola thingie at Caffe Nero today for a little over 300 calories. The granola square was pleasantly filling, but when I logged the nutritional info, I discovered it was pleasantly fatty, too. Mistake number 2.

Lunch was the cafe in Tesco, since I had Lily to feed and groceries to get. I had a bowl of soup and another latte. The other main dish options were all fried or fatty. The soup was good, but minimal protein. Mistake, or protein-miscalculation, number 3.

I'm supposed to make veggie-stuffed peppers tonight, but I may swap out a higher-protein meal instead. Yes, I will.

1 comment:

Susie J. said...

Hey... go easy on yourself! You've lost nearly 9 lbs in less than a month!!! (((((susie hugs)))))
And if you figure out the protein thing... let me know.