Thursday, January 18, 2007

Vitamins and All That; How to Up Your Pedometer Stats

I was looking at some of my FitDay reports this morning, and was momentarily worried about my lack of various vitamins, etc., until I remembered that it doesn't log in my multivitamin. Maybe I should look into that, and log it, but I know I take it, so that's the important thing.

I have a cute little pillcase that makes me feel about 85 years old. Every morning, I take a multivitamin with iron. I also take a baby aspirin (as part of my heart health 'strategery'), codliver oil capsule (because there IS no sun in wintry Great Britain), and an evening primrose capsule (I fondly call this my antipsychotic because without it I get demonically hormonal; perimenopause sucks because it takes PMS and multiplies it 5-fold for me).

It's a good thing I am supposed to drink a lot of water because I go through a good 12 ounces just getting the morning pills down.

On to pedometers, and how harsh the truth can be! So, we can all agree that yesterday proves what a couch potato I have become. Onward and upward from 4000 steps is my motto. Heh. Shopping on the High Street today should help with that. Or I could just jump up and down a bunch of times. Walking and windowshopping is more fun, however, or it will be if the nasty windy rain outside will stop.

I have a secret plan to whip the pedometer, however. This weekend we're taking the kiddies to London to see the Tower of London (crown jewels, yeomen warders, arms and armor, all kinds of coolness) and stay overnight in the city. Then we shall surprise them mightily when we get on the Eurostar train next morning and end up at Disneyland Paris! We'll be there 3 nights. Only my husband has ever been to a Disney park before so we should all have an amazed and amazing time. And do a ton of walking. So take that, pedometer!!

1 comment:

Susie J. said...

ohhhhh yeah. I did a "custom food" for my prenatal vitamins and copied the various numbers off the vitamin box. I think only 2 or 3 of the ingredients are short of the daily allowance. That has done wonders for my stats. :D
YEAH!! for Disney!! And for more steps! When I was bothering to wear my pedometer I found that my steps varied GREATLY from one day to the next. Some days I was pushing 10K and other days I was squeaking by with 2-3K.