Monday, January 29, 2007

A Good Food Day

Today was a good food day...especially compared with yesterday, which FELT like a rotten food day. Yesterday was Sunday, I was feeling a bit stir-crazy with the kids and wanted to be alone. That wasn't happening, I felt guilty for not wanting to be with the kids, and I found myself eating sugary crud. I finally put an end to the sugary expedition into the cabinets by eating a string cheese (thank you, protein) but I ate probably 400-500 calories in junk in addition to the sensible food I ate.

Today I just wasn't hungry or interested in eating the junk. I did a grocery shopping, took Lily to a 3-hour playdate at an indoor playplace (kids ate lunch, I had a coffee although I had an orange handy if I wanted anything), and then I picked up David and his friend from school for a playdate here. We made our own pizzas for dinner, which was successful all around, and I got to talk to other grownups for long actual minutes of time.

Who knows what tomorrow holds? Maybe a bit of walking, I don't know. I have a boatload of paperwork to do for school/squadron volunteer stuff, but we shall see.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

The fact that you ONLY ate 500 junk food calories is a GOOD thing!!!

Between stress and Disney, I think you are doing fabulous!!