Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Some Pictures by Way of Illustration

Looking through pictures from this summer and fall, there are very few of me. I've been avoiding the camera; I knew things weren't good but I didn't want to take any action to lose the weight. Here are two lovely shots of me at somewhere between 205 and 208, which is the highest the scale has shown.

July in Berlin at Checkpoint Charlie, on our 10th anniversary trip. Hey, note to clueless self - the artfully positioned hat doesn't hide the lack of a waist!














Here we are October at Hadrian's wall, in a coat I actually LIKE, because it makes me look skinnier. How scary is that - this is a flattering picture!














So....today I had D. take pictures for progress comparison. I've lost 6.8 pounds; it's hard to see any change yet. And the rear view, one I don't see personally that often, is a definite downer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there. I linked here thru weightwatchen.com. I just wanted to say that you are almost exactly where I was about a year ago. I was 216 though, and I have lost about 40 pounds. Stick with it and you will be amazed how your body will change.
Good luck and happy dieting!!

Susie H said...

Thanks for the comment, BEth - you've done a SUPER job this past year. I am impressed!