Sunday, January 7, 2007

Tweaking my Eating Plan

Today has been more successful as far as balancing protein and empty calories. I had light toast and some peanut butter for a midday snack and have entered in my evening coffee, which I'll have after the kids are down for the night. The day looks pretty good (see my FitDay personal link at left).

I looked at my nutritional stats for the month and realized I am low on calcium - I used to put a lot more milk in my coffee, and I used to eat a LOT of cheese. To fix that, I'm drinking coffees with 3/4 cup of 1% milk, and I'll add some more low-fat cheese to the protein selections on the menu. [I also remembered to customize my coffee on FitDay to reflect that it's 2/3 decaf; I've been weaning myself slowly down.]

Is everyone bored to tears yet? Anyone? Anyone? It's helpful to me to write things here, to dissect the nutrition of my reworked eating. So I'm not too bored, at least!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am fighting the battle of the bulge. The Dr. said I needed to make lifestyle changes or else...so I joined a gym. I felt so self conscious the first couple times I was there, thinking that I was the fattest person there but now I just do my routine and don't think about it. I haven't measured myself but I have GAINED 5 pounds! Let's hope it is muscle and I will lurk and see what you are up to from time to time. Hang in there girl I've got more to lose than you do!

Susie J. said...

I'm low on my calcium too. I was trying to figure out how to add to that without adding a bunch more fat to my already fatty balances.