Friday, January 5, 2007

Cooking Stuff

So I walked into the kitchen to stir lunch, and was charmed to see both lunch and dinner there, cooking to perfection. I love using the crockpot for dinner. Have I mentioned this?


Lunch today is red beans and rice with some ham - terrifically yummy but VERY high in salt. Other than that it's pretty good value nutritionally. I am using a Mahatma mix for the beans and rice - I need to find a recipe for home-made so I can knock the salt down. Meanwhile, I'll just drink some extra water with my salt.

Dinner's chicken soup, pictured here. I started it yesterday with 3 skinless chicken thighs, a bunch of carrots, a can of low-sodium chicken broth, a vegetable bouillon cube and some water. Today I skimmed the fat off, boned the chicken, and added celery and onion.

Smelling, and tasting, quite nice right now...I think we will have noodles in/with it, depending on the diner. The kids will eat the noodles plain, I'll bet. They're not mixers of food...or you could just call them picky-pants. I know I do. We're working on that.

No comments: