Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Where to start, where to start...

How about December 16? That is the day David and I looked at each other, and said, "It's time. Time to get back with the Program." And so we did. Both of us lost 40 to 45 pounds with Weight Watchers 5 years ago but once you stop Eating Awarely, the pounds come back. They always do. After Lily was born in 2003, my pregnancy weight came off right away, but since early 2005 I haven't been exercising at all and I have been eating and snacking like a horse.

David is doing WW Online, and I'm doing the Unpatented Freebie System, in which we all eat the same things, but I track my eating and weight loss/activity through FitDay. FitDay completely rocks; David's used it before but I really hadn't. After the first week, when I had a LOT of "custom foods" to enter into my details, it got very easy to use. I like FitDay better than straight WW Points counting because I can see where my calories are coming from, and take steps to up my protein and lower my fat intake. That's probably the most important thing, healthwise, for me right now.

On the first day of logging, a typical PRE-sanity day, I ate 2500 calories, and 37% came from fat. Only 15% from protein. Not a great recipe for success and health, that. And since I need about 1500-1700, you can see where that weight came from...

No comments: